Greenskin presence in the Archatius Sector is surprisingly (although not unpleasantly) light these days, although this hasn’t always been the case. Ro’Sha V in particular was host to a total of three WAAAAAGHs since its founding, the latest of which (Waaaaagh! Lokjaw) occurring a scant one hundred and fifty years ago. Perhaps as a result of the increased Astartes presence in the system the local Greenskins have been quite quiet since then, with only the occasional raid by Freebootas reported.
The Sector’s Freebootas are a rag-tag bunch, prone to raiding each other as much as any human ships. From the various reports collated over the years, a total of five distinct Kaptins and their krews have been identified as currently active:
- Kaptin Revvmuncha, a renegade Big Mek always on the hunt for faster ways of getting around and who is identifiable by not only the presence of bikes but his lightning fast raid style. His krew are Kult of Speed enthusiasts (to the point of painting themselves red if they’re not on their bikes), as is Revvmuncha himself.
- Kaptin Zarp, a Weirdboy turned Warphead who became a Freeboota after becoming a little too addicted to the rush of channeling his powers. His krew are a group of misfits with a much higher than normal percentage of Oddboyz, including Runtherdz, Mekboyz and Painboyz.
- Kaptin Blakdakka, an old-school Flash Gitz Freeboota who struck out on his own after he got too rich for even his Flash Gitz tribemates. He runs a tough ship crewed with very well-equipped Boyz and Nobz; the only thing he likes better than splittin’ ‘eads is more teef and better gear. He has been known to barter with humans and xenos alike, assuming he hasn’t been attacked on sight.
- Kaptin Skullsplitta, a renegade Painboy who loves taking captives for eksperiments almost as much as he loves getting new stuff to “improve” his Boyz. He was kicked out of his clan when he stitched a half-blown-up Mekboy to himself on the grounds that “two ‘eads are better ‘n one”, becoming the horrific abomination he currently is today: a two-headed, four-armed Freeboota. Somehow he’s merged himself but not all the way; his Doc persona tends to argue with the Mek persona but they’ve come to agree that eksperiments are Fun. His crew is a horrifying mix of cybork’d Nobz/Mekboyz and mix-n-match Boyz he lovingly refers to as Bitz Boyz.
- Kaptin Bloodrip, a Khornate Kommando who fell (sidestepped?) to Khaos – er, Chaos – and struck out with his Stormboyz in an effort to more effectively wreak havoc for their new gods. They’re a lot more blood-hungry than regular Orks, to the point of literally making carnage angels and keeping trophies from their downed victims; they kill simply for the thrill of killing and are not known for being efficient or clean in the process. Bloodrip, as a Kommando, still retains some of his old cunnin’ and his Stormboyz are highly disciplined (for Orks, anyway) and thus generally follow his orders pretty well until the bloodlust kicks in.